Interested in Learning Aikido?
Test the water with a FREE Session at either of our Dojos. To get your voucher, fill in the form or call (03) 9440 7028
What’s so good about Aikido Shudokan?
- We are highly-experienced at what we do, having been established since 1980
- Students from around the world regularly come here to live and train
- We tailor our teaching to you because we understand that each student is different
- Be taught by fully-qualified, passionate male and female instructors, with over 30 years experience, who make sure you develop strong Aikido foundations
- World-class facilities with a dedicated full-time Aikido training hall. There’s no need to lay down the mats before training or pack up the mats after training.
What will I learn?
- The discipline and harmonious philosophy of training in a traditional Aikido school
- Aikido stances which form the foundations of your techniques
- Aikido techniques such as joint locks and throws, where you learn to maximise your own power and blend with the opponents energy
- Falling skills to protect yourself
- Self defence applications – this particular style of Aikido has been taught to the Tokyo Riot Police as well as the women of the Tokyo Metropolitan Police.
Heidelberg Training Centre
43 Crissane Road, Heidelberg West VIC 3081
Monday, Wednesday and Friday 2:00 – 3:00pm
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 6:30 – 7:30pm
Saturday 12:00 – 1:00pm
Springvale Training Centre
3/52 Smith Road, Springvale VIC 3171
Tuesday and Thursday 7:00 – 8:00pm
Saturday 4:00 – 5:00pm
Aikido Shudokan was the first Yoshinkan style dojo in Australia;
founded by Joe Thambu Shihan in 1980, and has schools in Heidelberg West, Springvale, Altona, Albury and Geelong, teaching men, women and children.
What our students say